Choosing the right backsplash when remodelling a kitchen can be a most difficult task. It is important to consider how it will look with your cabinets, countertop and floors, and you must find that backsplash which suits your personality. Ultimately, you are the one who will be looking, eating and congregating in your kitchen space, so you want a backsplash that you will truly love that won’t be too busy visually.
There are a wide variety of colors, materials and patterns to choose from, it’s always a good idea to do some homework. Research is a key factor before you jump headfirst into the project.
Kitchen backsplashes undergo trends and fads just like any other design element in your home. Many homeowners like to stay up to date and showcase ‘in the moment’ designs, while others prefer the more timeless designs that will remain in your kitchen environment for many years.
Whether you want to make a quick update or are planning or undertaking a full kitchen remodel, these kitchen backsplash ideas are definitely worth a look.
Glass backsplashes have been around for some time and due to their timeless nature, they are most likely not going away any time soon. They are available in a wide variety of colours and options to suit your own personal style and unique tastes. There are mosaic glass patterns, classic subway tiles or solid glass panels. Glass kitchen backsplashes add light to your kitchen space. Today, glass is one of the most hygienic options in the marketplace. It is mildew resistant, stain-resistant and easy to clean and maintain.
- Creates illusion of larger and brighter kitchen.
- Mildew and stain-resistant.
- Available in many color and style options.
- Some glass tiles may be difficult to install, if you want to DIY. Hire a professional to execute the work will solve this problem.
- Hard to repair if scratched or cracked.
This is a modern version of a natural stone backsplash that will be prominent in kitchens in 2015. Pebble tiles give your kitchen backsplash a textured 3 dimensional look sure to attract many compliments from family and friends alike. It is also the one of the more affordable and modern backsplashes. If you are looking to add a rustic, contemporary feel to your new kitchen space, pebble tile is the way to go!
- Very easy when installed by a professional skilled tile technician.
- Affordable in price.
- Can be difficult to clean.
- If installing DIY, grouting and cleaning can be a very tedious proposition.
Natural stone backsplashes aren’t new, but they continue to be a staple in the kitchen spaces in 2015.
There is a multitude and variety to choose from including;
And they also compliment well with many kitchen countertops. You can easily match or contrast the countertop with the backsplash.
With natural stone you have the option to go with a slab backsplash, which is durable and yet easy to clean, or a natural stone tile backsplash which is an affordable option.
- Fits in with most kitchen styles.
- Tough and durable.
- Range of prices to fit most budgets.
- Will need to be sealed regularly to protect it against water, grease and food stains.
- Natural stone tiles tend to trap dirt and grime.
Stainless steel is a great option if you are looking for a dramatic kitchen backsplash that is durable and easy to clean.
- Makes kitchen appear larger in scale by reflecting light.
- Extremely durable.
- Stain- resistant and corrosion- resistant.
- No grouting or cracks to trap dirt, food or grease.
- Can scratch and dent easily.
- Finger prints, food and grease stains show clearly, requires frequent cleaning.
- High in price than other backsplash options.
Finding the right kitchen backsplash to suit your personality and needs may be a daunting task because there are so many options to choose from. But always remember; preparation, planning and research are key elements in selecting a kitchen backsplash design that will suit your own budget, style, personality, and needs.
Hire a professional renovation company to install your kitchen backsplash. In the vast, expansive marketplace,Affinity Renovations is eagerly ready to execute a perfect job.
In the end, you will enjoy it for many years to come.
Turn your vision into reality! It’s totally up to you.