The kitchen space has always been considered the ‘heart and soul’ of any home in the Greater Toronto Area. It’s a place where families congregate on a daily basis, and where memories are created. We can all remember and reminisce about the special times we’ve had at one time or another in our lives in the lovely confines of our special kitchen spaces.
Installing a brand new countertop in your kitchen space will add a timeless, classic feature that you thought was only possible on HGTV.
The goal is to achieve a brand new look and feel, but, we can’t forget that functionality plays an important role too.
The most popular choices for many homeowners are:
- Quartz (Caesarstone)
- Reclaimed wood
Each particular countertop option offers different and unique benefits. Your final choice will be dependent on your own personal style preferences.
Here are some considerations to consider before you ultimately settle on your new kitchen countertop. Do your homework, do the necessary research. Talk to family, friends and neighbours to get a better understanding and idea of what you want to accomplish in your own unique kitchen space.
- Marble has forever been a classic, timeless feature that can lend a kitchen space an air of elegance.
- There are a wide variety of colours to choose from.
- Marble ages gracefully- the only drawback is that it requires frequent care and maintenance, but, investing this precious time will therefore ensure lasting quality.
- Marble can be mixed and matched to achieve a wide variety of looks.
- Keep in mind that your marble countertop should either accent or contrast your backsplash too.
- Is and continues to be a popular choice for many homeowners.
- Granite provides a very unique look to your kitchen space.
- The minerals in the granite add richness, depth and character.
- Granite is stain-resistant and it will not fade as the years pass.
- They are becoming increasingly popular.
- These countertops are very durable, and never require sealer to protect it.
- It`s a man-made material that is scratch, stain, heat and chemical resistant.
- Quartz offers a clean, sleek look with nearly as much variety in looks and colours to suit your own style preferences.
- Slate has a matte finish.
- It gives off a contemporary look unlike marble or granite.
- Not scratch resistant, more care and maintenance is required.
- No two slabs are exactly the same- making this element of your kitchen design completely unique.
- Has a smooth matte finish.
- A very hard surface and it will last for a long time.
- It is a natural stone, so you must coat it with mineral oil to protect it from oil spills and grease.
- Very unique.
- It is a sustainable product, you are protecting nature`s environment.
- Stain applied to protect it.
- It`s a new design trend that is gaining popularity.
- If your kitchen has that country or cottage look and feel, then this would be a great choice.
Each countertop can be used in your own unique kitchen spaces. There is no wrong choice. In the end, your own personal style preferences and needs will ultimately be a factor when choosing your new kitchen countertop. Always be aware that the functionality of the space will also be a major factor in choosing the countertop that will best suit you and your family. As well, if you have young children in the mix, you will choose a countertop that is most suitable for them.
Before you make your final decision, do yourself a favour, and hire a professional to execute your installation of your brand new countertop. In the GTA, there are a wide variety of home renovation companies that will want your business. Always be sure to attain 3 quotes with written estimates and detail the scope of the work involved. Three words of importance are: research, research, research! You have it at your fingertips, at your disposal. Be very thorough in your process, it will greatly benefit you.
Simply google: Affinity Renovations to execute a unique kitchen transformation by installing a brand new countertop. You will be glad you did!
Your kitchen space is the heart and soul of your home, and it should be treated as such. This type of renovation is best left in the hands of a skilled professional craftsman to install a brand new countertop and create that wow factor that you thought was impossible to achieve.