Does your home give you the opportunity to admire the beauty of nature? Are you interested in enjoying the beautiful landscape of your home while being protected from harsh weather? A sunroom is the perfect solution for enjoying the beauty of different seasons without leaving the comfort of your home.
It has the potential to add a sophisticated look to your home. It will give your family an opportunity to enjoy outdoor living regardless of weather conditions. Adding a sunroom is not as costly as adding a new level to your home or increasing the area of your home. You can make optimum use of it by using it as a home-office, an exercise room, an entertainment area, etc. Also, with the adequate use of natural light in the sunroom, it can help you in reducing your energy bills.
Research is the Key
If you are interested in building a sunroom on your property, make calculated decisions. Do not be in a hurry to buy furniture and other fixtures for the room. Instead, spend some time in researching for the sunroom. Consider the following questions to make a practical decision:
- What are the different types of structural issues that can arise during the building of the sunroom?
- What various building permits will you require to ensure a smooth construction process?
- What are the different design options available in the market?
- What kind of experience and qualification should your contractor possess?
- What is the cost of building the sunroom?
As with any home addition project, it is necessary to do your homework. Conduct online research and talk to your friends. Obtain ideas from your family members as well.
What Design Aspects to consider for building a Sunroom?
Here are a few design aspects that you should consider for building a sunroom:
- Location – Choose a place that offers you with maximum exposure to the nature.
- Exposure – Do you want to enjoy all the four seasons to the maximum?
- Roof – An all glass-roof is not as energy efficient as a standard insulated roof with shingles but it will give you an incredible view of the stars at night.
- Materials – Vinyl is the least expensive material that you can use. Alternatively, aluminum is considered as a very durable option for structural support. You can also opt for wood as a material for structural support.
- Base – A sunroom can be built on an existing patio or deck. But, a new concrete slab is required for building a sunroom in a new location.
- Electrical – Look at the scope of work and install electrical outlets and lighting components properly.
- HVAC – Proper ventilation is the key to a healthy and long-lasting sunroom. As it is exposed to the natural elements, consider the probability of additional heating and cooling features for the area.
- Glass – The amount of glass in a sunroom will determine the total energy consumption as well as the overall appearance of the area.
A beautiful sunroom will provide you with a sophisticated way of enjoying the beauty of nature. But, a beautiful sunroom demands patience and research. Consider several aspects of building a sunroom on your property. Once you are ready with your ideas and suggestions, consult a home renovation contractor. Remember to choose an expert who can transform your ideas into a reality and provide you with beautiful results.
Undertaking a home addition project for building a sunroom is a nice way of beautifying your home. Call Affinity Renovations on (416) 477-3440, Greater Toronto Area’s favorite house renovation company, to take care of the sunroom. We deliver on our promises and ensure a beautiful addition to your home.